- G&G for Haiku is available. The code has
been ported to C++, and includes lots of new stuff.
July 16, 2018
- The website has moved to a new server,
after hackers infiltrated the previous server.
Oct 14, 2009
- Andrew Chalaturnyk's hamilton cycle C-code
is now available for download. It can test whether
a graph is hamiltonian, count the ham cycles, or
output a list of all ham cycles in a graph.
Jul 14, 2009
- G&G 3.6.0 is now ready for download.
A number of new features for 4D polytopes are available.
A bug in saving projective map files has been corrected.
Some new features in version 3.6:
- Edge-polytopes, face-polytopes, and truncations for 3D and 4D polytopes
- Improved coordinate averaging and drawing for projective maps
- projective maps can now be rotated
- additional functionality for torus maps
- torus maps and hexagon maps can now be translated
Jan 29, 2009
- G&G 3.5.2 is now ready for download.
An bug in saving n-body files has been corrected.
Some minor bugs in 3.5.0 have been corrected.
New G&G icons for saved files have been installed.
Some new features in version 3.5:
Version 3.5 is a universal binary for PPC and Intel Macs.
- 4D Polytopes
- Projective planarity tester
- Generation of trees
- Torus maps drawn on the hexagon model of the torus
- n-Body simulations
May 5, 2006
- G&G 3.2 is now ready for download.
Some new features in version 3.2:
Version 3.2 is a PowerPC release. A universal binary will be released at a later date.
- Subgraph counting functions for digraphs
- Convex hulls in 3D
- Display of 3D polyhedra
- A variety of fractals in the complex plane can be computed
- Projective planar graphs can be constructed and displayed.
Apr 17, 2005
- Beta release 7 of G&G 3.1 for OSX
is now available. Click to download. (If the link doesn't work, locate to the
G&G ftp site to download it.)
This version may still contain a number of bugs. Users are asked to e-mail reports of
any bugs found, so that they can be corrected.
Apr 17, 2005
- Graphs, digraphs, and torus maps can now be saved as Encapsulated Postscript (EPS) files.
Choose "Save As" from the File menu to use this feature. The files created can be edited using Adobe Illustrator,
Canvas, or other drawing programs. The postscript written is also very easy to edit using a text editor like BBEdit. It can also
be converted to pdf by Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.
- The WriteDeck command has been improved, and some minor bugs in it have been corrected. It now works on digraphs, too.
Feb 21, 2005
- a bug that can affect the ham cycle count in some graphs has been corrected.
Mar 3, 2004
- a bug in the code for saving digraph files has been corrected. Any digraph files
created by a previous OS X beta release of G&G must be rebuilt.
April 8, 2002
- The G&G source code has been converted from Pascal to C. A carbonized version that runs in OS X
will be released this summer. An updated Windows version and a Linux version are also planned.
July 8, 2001
- Macintosh Version 3.1.0 released, correcting several bugs, and adding several new features:
- Batch Aut(X) can now read graphs, digraphs, or torus maps as input
- Batch Aut(X) now allows an entire folder of graphs, digraphs, or torus maps to be input
- Read Clipboard can now input a number of graphs, digraphs, or torus maps, separated by $ signs,
simultaneously. A new window will be created for each one
- a bug which can cause a crash when a large graph is copied to the clipboard has been corrected
- a bug which can cause digraphs to be input incorrectly in Read Clipboard and Batch Aut(X) has been corrected
- a bug which can cause Batch Aut(X) to omit a graph in the sorted certificate file has been corrected
- a bug which can cause Aut(X) to miss automorphisms in graphs whose groups have many powers of 2 has been corrected
- a bug which can alter the node coordinates of saved torus files has been corrected
March 8, 2001
Macintosh Version 3.0.1 released, correcting several bugs:
- a bug in Subdivide Subgraph has been corrected
- A bug which can sometimes occur in the display of node numbers in a graph when a torus map is also on the screen has been corrected
- a bug in the title of graphs imported via Read Clipboard has been corrected
Feb 28, 2001
- Macintosh Version 3.0.0 released
Dec 2, 1998
- Windows Version 0.9 released